Tuesday, June 13, 2023

Tuesday Kidlit Trivia for June 13, 2023

 This Brooklyn-born writer began as an editor, and one of the more successful books she pushed to publication was Caps For Sale. Her own book, written in 1947, was banned from the New York Public Library until 1970, because the powerful librarian there hated it and felt children should be reading classic fairy tales. The author wrote about bunnies but enjoyed hunting rabbits and had affairs with men and women. This is Margaret Wise Brown and her best known book is Goodnight, Moon.

1 comment:

  1. I love this post, Deb! I was planning to write a pb bio about her and Wanda Gag and one more female author/author-illustrator from back in the day who all influenced the early days of picture books...I did research and then Mac Barnett did The Important Thing about Margaret Wise Brown and so I stepped back...but I still want to write it.

    ReplyDelete