Sunday, July 26, 2026

A New Chapter in my Writing Life

 After 28 years of submitting manuscripts to agents and editors and publishers, I finally have a 32-page, beautifully illustrated, hard cover picture book out in the world! It is a dream come true, and I am savoring every minute of it. The book is Nighty Night, Dinos, which began as a contest entry in 2020 that didn't win, and it was released from Familius Publishing on June 16, 2026. That same day I was notified that, because the pre-orders had done so well, the book was out of its first print run and a second printing has been ordered! 

  June was a fun and busy month. I read my book and did a craft project a Mini College on June 18th, then at Our School Preschool on June 19th, Strawberry Days with the local bookstore, Alpenglow, on the 20th, Carbondale library on the 22nd, Silt library on 23rd and the Tattered Cover Kids bookstore in Aurora  (Denver area) on the 28th. I was a guest on several authors' blogs--writers are so supportive and generous! We visited family in Boulder and stopped by the Boulder Bookstore, where it was a thrill to find my book on the shelf! I did my program at the Glenwood Springs library on June 30th.

   In July I read the book at the Newcastle library on the 7th and heard my first ever podcast interview on Jed Doherty's Reading With Your Kids program. On July 25th I had a table at a local authors event at the Glenwood Springs library. School starts here in August, so I'm hoping to book some classroom visits. I'm ending my Tuesday Kidlit Trivia featuring other authors and I'm celebrating my own journey on my blog now that I FINALLY have a published picture book! Woohoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment