Monday, July 22, 2013

Even if I never sell another thing...

  ...it's been such a joy to help my friend Genevieve Doak sell her childhood story called The Year of the Goose.  She had typed it up years ago and submitted it somewhere and got rejected, so she put it aside.  I typed it up on the computer and printed it out for her, and then we looked on line to find a magazine that might be a good fit.  I wrote a submission letter for her and we mailed off her story.  I crossed my fingers and toes that she wouldn't get a rejection...
    ...and 8 weeks later, while I was there with her on a Saturday, she got her contract in the mail!  Her story will appear in the December 2013 issue of Good Old Days magazine, and they are paying her $25.00.  As the photo shows, she couldn't be more pleased!


No comments:

Post a Comment