Friday, October 11, 2019

My Kidlit Writing Fall Frenzy entry

    Thank you, Kaitlyn Leann Sanchez and Lydia Lukidis for setting up this contest! I tip my (black and pointy) hat to you both. The idea is to write a story under 200 words based on one of the pictures they posted. I chose this picture:
  
Alas, Poor Gerald by Deborah Holt Williams (Lucky)

     My husband Gerald said I shouldn’t celebrate Halloween this year. “Why can’t you be like the other wives?” he asked. Bah! He knew what I was when he married me. And up until this year when we moved to Suburbia, he’s always accepted that, on this one special night, I can be who I truly am. Go a little batty! Reach for the skies! But now, he wants me to blend in with our boring neighbors. Stay home and hand out candy to greedy brats in Kmart costumes and surly teens who don’t even dress up. Not my cup of brew, Gerald, thank you very much. Ah, Gerald. Poor Gerald. You never saw it coming, blessed be. But you’ll make a lovely decoration for the front porch. Gotta fly!

4 comments:

  1. So funny! Never try to stop a witchy woman from celebrating Halloween! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jolene! I'm glad you were able to find my blog. It gives some people trouble, I guess. Gremlins!

      Delete
  2. Haha love how she's so nonchalant about her evil deed, never frills a witch dear Gerald. Thanks so much for entering the Fall Writing Frenzy with such an entertaining Halloween story.

    Sincerely,
    Kaitlyn Sanchez

    ReplyDelete