Monday, September 21, 2020

Honorable Mention!

 Well, what a nice surprise that my Marjory Stoneman Douglas revision, the 400 word version called MARJORY STOOD, received an honorable mention in the Rate Your Story writing contest! I need these little moments of positivity, especially during this time of rising pandemic deaths, death in my own family, and the death of Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg. Not to mention the two rejections earlier this month.   Tomorrow, the book on Marjory by Sandra Neil Wallace comes out. Fortunately, mine and hers are quite different. Hers is over 50 pages long and includes details from Marjory's early life, where mine is short and more concerned with her activism once she arrived in Florida. I sent it to a publisher which has two activist stories coming out this year, so it feels like a good fit. I'll keep trying. The only way to guarantee failure is to quit! 

No comments:

Post a Comment