Saturday, July 21, 2012

After a stressful day...Joy

   Tuesday, July 17th should go down as one of my most stressful days.  (And a year ago this week, I was at Chautauqua, meeting Joy Cowley and a wonderful group of new friends.)  Besides being my first day on my own with library's new computerized checkout system, I had a job interview at 2 p.m. for the reading coach job at the school.  The interview went well, but now comes the stressful part--waiting!  You'd think that being a writer would make me used to painfully long waits, but it's still hard to wait for a decision that could change my daily life for the next few years.
    My writer friend from Chatauqua, Kathy, who recently retired from a similar position, has been my cheerleader and sent me encouraging notes all day.  Then, that night, just before I turned into bed early, there was an e-mail from Joy Cowley!  I could just hear her saying these words in her New Zealand speaking voice.

Hi Deborah, lovely to hear from you. The new magazine Hello looks great. It is even waterproof! I'm sure your rhymes will find a home in it.
Keep writing!
Warm regards,
Joy
 
     It couldn't have come at a better time!  Now, back to waiting.  The decision is up to the Superintendent, and he's out of town....

No comments:

Post a Comment