Wednesday, August 29, 2012

    I'm turning 61 Saturday, and although I'm unemployed (except for home care a few hours a week)and sharing a bedroom with a load of Jeremy's stuff, I have a lot to be grateful for.  I'm in my own home, which is worth more than I owe on it.  I have my family, my health, my beloved old dog, and I have had more success with my writing this past year than ever before.  I'm living on credit cards, but hopefully I'll be working soon. Like lots of families in this poor economy, we have three generations under one roof, and we are working it out.  We are all healthy, and we are far more fortunate than many struggling families.  My writing will be on the back burner while I look for work, but I will return to it soon.  And on my next birthday, I can claim Social Security!

No comments:

Post a Comment