Sunday, February 3, 2013

January's Over!

   January seems like the looooongest month.  With all due respect to Dr. King, there are no silly, fun holidays in January.  Here in Glenwood Springs we had bitter cold temperatures, then a wierdly warm spell where it rained.  I got rejections in the mail, and I had to hire a plumber when I couldn't unclog the toilet, and I got a miserable cold and couldn't work for over a week, and had to get four new tires for my car. But, I also signed up for 12x12 and I'm excited that I'll be able to present one of my manuscripts to a real agent or editor every month.  It can't hurt!  I've signed up for a poetry challenge this spring, entered the Saturday Evening Post Valentine poem contest, and entered an easy reader story in the Highlights fiction contest.  I've submitted six pieces so far, with a goal of 50 again this year in addition to the 12 picture book manuscripts.
   So farewell January, and welcome February!

No comments:

Post a Comment