Sunday, July 1, 2018

Wow, what a week!

    Monday--skydiving. Thursday--interest from a publisher, if I revise. Yikes! The revision is so much scarier than the flight. I feel I'm so close to my goal of a published picture book, and yet I could blow it completely if the revision's no good. My friends in the Caldecoots, a group for older writers, are looking at my revision, and my agent will help get it ready, too.
    I didn't realize my skydiving jump would have two distinct parts--the out-of-control free fall, where my harness hurt and my googles were so tight I couldn't open one eye, and the relaxing drift after the chute opened, and the straps were loosened, and the goggles came off, and I could take in the scene and enjoy the view.

 
 
My writer's journey this week will also go from stressful to calm--I'll work like mad on my revisions and either the publisher will accept it, or my agent will submit it elsewhere.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment